Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Be Yourself--Perfect

"I got a perfect body but sometimes I forget. I got a perfect body because my eyelashes catch my sweat, yes they do, they dooo." --Folding Chair by Regina Spektor

A bit of uplifting today.

Every time I see or hear Regina I just feel liberated to be myself. I don't know how many times I've seen her live, but every time is amazing. She is genuine, modest and can sing. She started out with just her piano, her elementary guitar knowledge, acapella, and occasionally thwapping a chair with a drum stick. She has now gotten big enough to have a band but her original amazingness is still there. She's always her, her, her and no one else. Forget artists like Lady Gaga who only go against the norm because it "shocks". I FEEL Regina in everything she does. She even re-released her song Better because it wasn't totally "her".

If you'd like to get out of your head for a moment there is nothing like this video for Dance Anthem of the 80's that makes you want to dance around like a dork and rejoice in everything that is you.




And since I can't stop there, if you've got the time or curiosity, let her lure you a little more. 


Samson-Always brings tears to my eyes, right from the first "I loved you first"







Live Ain't No Cover--She only sings this song live and acapella. I love it:


 




Live at Lollapalooza singing The Flowers: She totally stops everything to help someone in the crowd:




 


No comments:

Post a Comment